LRPL is going ahead with a modified Summer Reading Program for 2020. This program is for students who are entering grades 1-12 and for those who are graduating this spring from high school. The reading part of SRP will run June1-July 20.
- Those in grades 1-4 earn a sticker for 20 minutes of reading and older students keep track of their minutes/pages/titles of books using a readiing log similar to what they use in school. The materials will be mailed out the last week of May. We are opening up registration tomorrow and requesting that you use the following:
- firstname.lastname@example.org: to send the following:
- Parents/Guardian name and address.
- Mailing address if different than previous address.
- Names of children along with grade for the coming year and name of school.
- On the subject line please put SRP registration.
You may also call me @ 701-662-2220 Tues-Fri to register the readers or if you have any questions.
At this time, no definite plans are in the works for “FUN DAYS”, movies, prizes, etc. We had a puppet show booked as a Kick-Off for the SRP and are hoping to reschedule later this summer.
If anyone needs books for summer, please send an email to: email@example.com or call 701-662-2220 and we will be happy to put together reading materials for your family members. You will need to come to the library’s west door to pick them up. Call when you are on your way or when you reach the parking lot. You can also reserve books by using the card catalog on our website. For online reservations you will need your card number and your password.
At this time, I do not know how soon the library will reopen but hope that many will use the other options for checking out materials.